Postgraduate Research Degrees
Research is at the heart of the University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Internationally acclaimed research
- Flexible doctoral study through residential study or distance learning
- An historic, research-led university
Research and scholarship is at the heart of the University of Wales Trinity Saint David. We welcome applications to research degrees and have significant experience in supervising both residential and distance students through to completion.
Our Research Degrees
- Master of Philosophy by Research - MPhil
- Master of Research - MRes
- Doctor of Philosophy by Research - PhD
- Professional Doctorate - including the DBA
- Doctor by Published Works - PhD
- Doctorate in Education - EdD
Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2015/16
UWTSD has employable postgraduates – in the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) Survey 2013/14, 100% UWTSD’s UK-domiciled postgraduate students were in employment and/or further study six months after graduating.
Am I qualified?
The normal entrance requirements for applicants for research degrees is an upper second class honours degree or a Master's degree relevant to the proposed research project, awarded by a UK or other recognised University or higher education institution, or by the Council for National Academic Awards (CNAA). Further details of entrance requirements should be discussed with the Academic School with which you propose to study.
How much will it cost?
When can I start?
There are 3 intakes each year for research students:
|Start date:||1 October||1 February||1 June|
|Apply before:||1 August||1 November||1 April|
Where and how can I study?
Either at home or at either of our campuses either full-time or part-time.