Each academic year the University publishes our bursary framework, a list of financial awards eligible students may apply for. This section explains the available awards, the eligibility criteria, and the application process. Students should note the following:
- Most of the bursaries listed below are awarded based on application. Not all applications are successful, and students are advised not to expect an award and to plan their budget accordingly.
- The bursary framework changes annually to reflect the needs of our student community and to work within the budget established by the University’s Fee and Access Plan. Bursaries that are offered for the current academic year may not be available in subsequent years.
- A successful bursary application should not be taken as an indication that other applications will be successful.
- Each bursary listed below carries a maximum award. Bursary allocations may be made below the maximum level in order to ensure that the funding supports as many students as possible.
- Payments will be made direct to your bank account via BACS, and the awards may be paid in instalments across the semesters rather than paid as a one-off sum.
The 2022-23 Bursary framework is outlined below. There are specific eligibility criteria for each of the awards, but the two basic criteria in order to be able to be considered for an award are:
- You must be enrolled on a UWTSD-delivered programme for the 2022-23 academic year.
- You must be studying at least 40 credits in the academic year.
How to apply for a Bursary
- If you are studying or wish to study with a UWTSD Institute, click on the links below for application details.
- If you are studying or wish to study with a constituent college within the UWTSD group, you should contact your home institution to see what support is available.
Select an option below to find out about bursaries and financial support. Please remember you can contact us with any queries.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Bursaries
You can access many scholarships and bursaries to support your studies and enable you to make the most of your student experience. Click on the links below to find out more.
Undergraduate students Postgraduate students
PGCE Teacher Training Bursaries
Each year the Welsh Government offers Teacher Training incentives. The available bursary amounts and the subjects to which they are linked are determined annually in response to the needs of the education sector.
Visit our PGCE Bursaries section to find out more.