IT Service Desk
Information about who to contact for IT help & guides to help you.
IT Service Desk
The main IT support for staff and students is via the IT Service Desk. All IT problems and requests should be logged via the IT Service Desk.
To log a call, log into the IT Service Desk system or alternatively....
- Phone the Service Desk on 0300 500 5055 (ext 5055 internally)
- Email ITServiceDesk@uwtsd.ac.uk
- In person at your local IT Service Desk
Campus Service Desk hours:
Term Time (except Bank Holidays and University closure days)
Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 8pm. Fridays 8.30am – 4.30pm
Saturday 11.00am - 1.00pm, Sunday 11.00pm - 1.00pm
Non-Term Time (except Bank Holidays and University closure days)
Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5pm. Fridays 8.30am – 4.30pm
24/7/365 Telephone Support:
We also provice Telephone Support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Simply call our Serivce Desk number to speak to a specialiest on 0300 500 5055.
Whether you’re graduating this summer or returning in the autumn, here is some helpful information about your IT account and registration.
Graduating this Summer?
Information for students leaving the University this summer.
Your IT account
You will be able to access your University account for 90 days after you finish your course. After that, it will be disabled. To make sure you’re not caught out, check that you’re prepared:
- Forward any important emails to your personal account
- If you signed up for Facebook or another external site with your University email, add another address to your profile to make sure you continue to receive all your alerts and reminders
Setting up an automatic email response
You can set up an automatic response on your Office 365 account to advise people who mail you that your account will close down. This will last until your account is deleted:
- On the menu bar at the top right corner click the Cog icon then click Options
- On the right hand side select Out of Office Assistant
- Select the option on the right Set up and automatic reply message
- Click the check box Send automatic replies then type your message in the top box
- If you have e-mail contacts external to the University, tick the Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organisation box, choose Send replies to all external senders and enter an appropriate message for your external contacts in the bottom box
- Click the Save icon at the bottom of the screen
Transfer files from your U: drive to a computer outside the University by:
- Copying them to USB flash drive or CD
- Emailing files as attachments from your University email account to your personal email account
Office 365 Skydrive/OneDrive Documents
Transfer files from your Office 365 account to another account:
- Manually saving them from your Office 365 account to a PC and uploading them to another account with Office 365 access
- Alternatively save the files to a PC/USB Flash drive/CD for storage
Returning in the autumn?
Information for students returning to the University this autumn.
Your IT account
University account passwords can sometimes be tricky to remember over the summer break and if you can’t remember it you could lose access to some of our key services. We recommend you register with our Password Reset Portal where you can simply reset your password when needed.
If you require further assistance visit the contact us section for details of how to get in touch and we will reset your password for you.
Your Student Card
If you provided a photo prior to the Welcome Weekend event, you'll be able to collect your ID card at the Welcome Weekend. If you're unable to provide a photo, we can take a photo during the event for you.
If you've provided a photo but are unable to attend the event, you can collect your ID card from your campus library.
If you haven't yet provided a photo, please visit your campus IT Service Desk.
Replacement ID Cards
If you’ve lost or misplaced your ID card, you’ll need to purchase a replacement. To purchase a replacement card you need to;
- Go to the Finance Online Store
- - Select ‘Product Catalogue’
- - Select ‘Student Payments’
- - Add ‘Replacement ID Card’ to the basket and pay.
- Or visit the Finance Department and pay by cash or card. The Finance Desk is open 10am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm.
- If payment has been made using the online store, a receipt is automatically sent to you and ITServiceDesk@uwtsd.ac.uk
- If you pay directly with the Finance department, the Finance Department will issue you with a receipt.
- Once you present a copy of your receipt to your campus IT Service Desk, a replacement card will be issued to you.
Software & Hardware for new term
We have a range of free and heavily discounted software packages including free Microsoft Office 2016 along with access to some great discounts for buying hardware. Visit our IT Exclusives page for more information.