Accommodation on the Swansea Campus

Llys Glas Bedroom

All University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) accommodation at Swansea is located in the Llys Glas complex.

We are able to accommodate first, second, third year undergraduates and postgraduates in our self-catered accommodation.

  • Our University residences offer you a sense of community, creating that perfect home away from home.

  • Students will be accommodated in en-suite single occupancy rooms with shared kitchens.

  • The positive experience that you will receive whilst living in our residences will stand you in good stead for your future, creating friendships and memories that will remain with you for life.

  • Our Accommodation Office will be pleased to discuss the requirements of disabled students prior to applying for accommodation.

  • There is also a wealth of private accommodation providers in the city, with various living options. Please contact the accommodation office to discuss.
Accommodation in Swansea for First Year students

Llys Glas contains 80 single occupancy self-catered en-suite rooms. Ranging from standard to extra large rooms.

  • Welsh speaking students can request to be located in an area with other Welsh speakers.
    - Please ensure that add this information on your application form.
  • The licence period is for 37 weeks running from 18 September 2021 to 4 June 2022.
  • Rooms do not need to be vacated during Christmas and Easter vacations.
  • You may apply for accommodation provided you have a 'Conditional' or 'Unconditional' offer from the University.

If the University is your second choice, applications should not be made until after the exam results in August.

If you would like to apply for accommodation, please complete the application.

 Swansea Accommodation Brochure

We now providing some Swansea Flexible Contract to align with your studies, and for you to be able to stay with us when you need to. See below for a breakdown of those flexible agreements. If you would like to take up a flexible agreement or have any queries, please contact the Accommodation Team.

A second option for Accommodation within your first year is private Halls of Residence.

Student Roost - St Davids

If you’re looking for studio or en-suite accommodation close to the University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) campus, we would highly recommend St Davids Student Roost, on New Cut Road.

Based just a 10 minute walk from the UWTSD campus, St Davids offers comfortable vibrant student living for all students whether you’re in your first year or doing a master’s degree!

With its own on-site gym, outdoor courtyard, study room and multiple communal spaces it’s a fantastic choice for students studying at university in Swansea! Take a look at Student Roost's Digital Brochure.

Want more information on St Davids?

To find out more information on how to book, prices, or to take a look around you can visit the Student Roost Website, email or call one of their friendly 24-hour team members on 01792 341640!

Accommodation for Second, Third and Postgraduate students

Returning students may apply for accommodation but will not be allocated rooms unless accommodation fees to the University are paid in full for previous Licence Agreements.

Halls of Residence - Eligibility Criteria & Allocation Guidelines

Whether you live in close proximity to the University or are coming from further afield, the University halls of residence are an option for you.

Rooms are allocated on a first come - first served basis to students seeking accommodation for a full academic year. Medical conditions that are disclosed to the Accommodation Department will be taken into account.

Any other requirements will be considered after the initial allocation process has been completed.

A student will be able to apply for a place in University halls provided they hold a Conditional or Unconditional Offer from the University. If the University is your second choice, applications should not be made until after exam results in August.

If students have any queries regarding the above, please contact the Accommodation Team.

Residential Terms and Conditions

Students who accept an offer of accommodation in the University's Halls of Residence must abide by the terms and conditions. 

Students are reminded to refer to terms and conditions throughout the contract period.

Any queries regarding the Regulations for Students in Halls of Residence should be directed to the Accommodation Manager.


  • If the Resident is unhappy with a decision made by the University or the steps taken by the University in respect of the Agreement and/or if the Resident considers that the University has breached its obligations under this Agreement, in the first instance, any complaint should be referred to the Accommodation Department to investigate.
  • If your complaint is still not resolved, it is possible to report this via the “Procedures for Academic Appeals, Complaints and Other Student Cases procedure, " which can be found in the Academic Quality Handbook, where you will need to complete the GA5 Formal Complaint Form.
  • Formal complaints must be received no more than 1 month after the informal procedure has ended (where appropriate) and no more than 6 months after the main issue complained about occurring. Formal complaints received after these deadlines will be deemed to be out of time. They may not be considered unless there is independent evidence to show compelling reasons why the formal complaint was not raised in a timely manner.
Endsleigh - Student Possessions Insurance

Endsleigh logo

Confirm your FREE contents insurance

Your contents. Covered.

By partnering with Endsleigh, the No.1 student insurance provider, we’ve arranged free contents insurance for all our students staying with us. Your policy number is HH1234

It is important all students confirm their cover to ensure you understand what is and isn’t covered. Plus you’ll also be entered into a prize draw, courtesy of Endsleigh!

Visit confirm your cover to see:

  • What is and what isn’t covered
  • Key exclusions - where cover isn’t provided
  • Policy excess – the amount you pay when you make a claim
  • How to make a claim
  • Personalise cover

We understand students have a limited budget so Endsleigh have launched brand new, unique student insurance options. They have been designed to cover the risks that you may encounter whilst living in student accommodation and away from home.

UniKitOut - The 'One Stop Shop' for Student Essentials

Once you have secured your room in halls you may then want to start thinking about what to bring with you onto campus.

UniKitOut are an online store that can provide HUGE discounts on many of the following items:

  • Bedding Packs
  • Kitchen Packs
  • Bathroom and Towel Packs
  • Student Combo Packs
  • Electricals
  • Accessories and much more!

All items once purchased can also be delivered directly to your room on campus so they are waiting for you when you arrive.

Browse their offers online today

Uni Kit Out Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

What is provided for me in my room?
All rooms in halls of residence come fully furnished, the fixtures and fittings include a bed with mattress, desk and chair, mirror, wardrobe, shelving, and bedside cabinet.  - You will be required to complete a room inventory upon your arrival.

Do I need a TV licence?
Information is available from TV Licensing

Does my room have an internet connection?
Every bedroom in halls of residence will have access to a free wireless internet connection. 

Do I need to arrange insurance for my belongings?
Student possessions insurance has been provided through Endsleigh for every student who is living at our student residences. This covers a range of belongings inside your room, including laptops, sports and electrical equipment, clothes and frozen food. This has been arranged by the University at no extra cost to the student. If you wish to check what is covered under the policy then please take a look at the insurance certificate in the Endsleigh Insurance section above.

What do I need to bring with me?
Students are required to bring their own bedding, towels, coat hangers, cooking utensils (including cutlery and crockery), cleaning and washing products, dishcloths, tea towels, food etc. A list of recommended items to bring with you will be sent to you by email prior to your arrival on the campus

Is there a bus service?
Bus timetables will be provided to students on arrival into halls of residence.

Are there items I shouldn’t bring with me?
Items which are not permitted include: candles, incense sticks, fairy lights, chip fryers, pets including goldfish, large items of furniture or equipment are not allowed in Halls of Residence for Health and Safety and Fire Safety reasons.

Can I bring my car?
There are no car parking facilities at the Llys Glas complex.

What laundry facilities are available?
Card operated washing machines and dryers are present and are located on the second floor.

Who is responsible for cleaning?
All students living in halls of residence are responsible for keeping the accommodation clean and tidy.  A team of cleaners (both male and female) will enter the building every working day between 8.00am and 3.00pm to top up cleaning in kitchens and corridors.  Note, they do not wash dishes. Students are expected to clean their own study bedroom.

Where do I collect my mail?
Parcels and recorded letters can be collected from the Accommodation Office, which is situated on the ground floor. Letters are placed in the pigeon holes outside the Accommodation Office.

Can I stay on Campus during the holidays?
Your license agreement covers the use of your room for 40 weeks, which includes the Christmas and Easter holidays.

Contact the Accommodation Team

Contact the Accommodation Team if you need more information.