Mr Jonathan Pugh MA
Jonathan is Programme Manager for Applied Drama: Education, Wellbeing, Community (BA)
Jonathan has been an important figure in the performing arts at UWTSD for several years - with a degree in Theatre, Film and Television from Aberystwyth University and a penchant for non-traditional learning methods.
Jonathan integrated digital and social media work into traditional practical theatre work to create cutting edge performance paradigms during his time as Programme Manager for Creative Industries programmes at UWTSD, (including the Welsh language BA programmes: Perfformio, Cyfryngau Creadigol, Cerddoriaeth)
Before joining UWTSD, Jonathan had the pleasure of working with key practitioners and companies in the Welsh arts scene, including Eddie Ladd, Cliff McLucas, Sera Moore Williams (Cwmni’r Gymraes), Sian Summers (Cwmni Rhiniog), Spectacle Theatre and enjoyed supporting student projects at Aberystwyth University.
Jonathan continues to train with physical theatre and dance practitioners to blend practice with personal exploration and professional research.
- The Higher Education Academy, (Senior Fellow)
- Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol, (Member)
- Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru (Previous Board Member)
- Practice as research, context, and the creative act – how and where does this begin?
- Expressionistic theatre with particular interest in Buchner, and the theatre of Brecht
- Physical theatre training (Lecoq, Grotowski), somatic practice (Feldenkrais), Butoh
- Mythology and nature, Ancient Greek Mythology and the creation of modern mythologies
- Site specific and site responsive performance
- Performance of self: identity online and performance for memory
- Devising, site responsive performance, multi-platform performance work.
- Curriculum design, interdisciplinary collaboration, non-traditional assessment design.
- Editing, sound and video recording, live performance management.
- Jonathan has been awarded a MA in Classical Studies
- Summer 2016: Trained with:
- - Phillip Zarrilli (psycho- physical performance)
- - Pants on Fire theatre company (Lecoq: Gareth Taylor + Peter Bramley )
- - Cai Tomos
- - Eeva-Maria Mutka
- Also trained with/attended workshops with:
- - Told by an Idiot
- - Andy Paget
- - Bronwen Preece
- - Tetsuro Fukuhara
- - Jo Fong
- - Ailsa Richardson