Situated just 1 mile outside of Carmarthen town centre our campus is easily accessible. With good links to public transport services, it is easy to get to us whether you are on foot, cycling or using the bus.
Useful Travel Links
- Traveline Cymru - Information on planning your journey, by bus, coach or train
- National Rail Enquiries - Britain's Rail Network
- National Express - Britain's Coach Network
- AA Route Planner - Great Britain
Walking to our campus is a great way to keep healthy and also saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
From the Bus Station
1.0 miles (20 minute walk)
From the Train Station
1.2 miles (27 minute walk)
You can use Traveline Cymru’s Walk Planner to help you plan your route.
Our Carmarthen Campus is accessible from National Cycle Route 4 and there are plenty of areas for locking your bike available on campus.
If you are driving to our Carmarthen Campus the postcode is SA31 3EP.
Parking on our Carmarthen campus is managed by Euro Car Parks and you will need a parking permit or to Pay By Phone, in order to park your car on campus.
You may apply for a parking permit via the Euro Car Parks online portal
Please see our Parking Frequently Asked Questions for more information on parking permits.
Pay By Phone
If you choose to park on campus without a permit, then you will need to Pay by Phone and the following charges are applicable:
- Up to 30 minutes – Free to allow time for drop-off e.g. assignments or taking children to the crèche
- Up to 4 hours - £1.50
- 4 hours to 8 hours - £2.50
Please see the signage in the car park for details and information on how to Pay by Phone.
Our campuses have great public transport links. Please see our Bus, Train and Bike sections above for more information on reaching our campus by public transport.
If you do need to drive to our campus, you will need to Pay by Phone on your arrival. Please see the signage in the car park for details and information on how to Pay by Phone.
In order to ensure a practical parking management solution, spaces on campus are divided into zones as shown on the Carmarthen Parking Maps. These include:
- Designated areas for staff (with a staff permit)
- Designated areas for blue-badge holders (marked in the car parks)
- Shared areas for staff and visitors who are required to pay for their space either via staff permit or pay and display / pay-by-phone.
- Designated areas for residential students (free to park with a student permit)
- Designated day (non-residential) student parking areas (free to park with a student permit)
Carmarthen Train Station has great rail links with trains running regularly from and to Swansea, Milford Haven, Pembroke Dock and Manchester Piccadilly.
Our campus is just a 27-minute walk from the station, or please see the Bus section for regular buses that stop near our campus.
You can plan your train journey in Traveline.cymru.
Cardiff International Airport is less than a two-hour drive from our Carmarthen campus, or alternatively, the T9 bus travels between the Airport and Cardiff every 20 minutes and there are regular trains between Cardiff and Carmarthen.