The Confucius Institute offers a range of Chinese language courses for different purposes, from Chinese courses for travel and leisure, to more intensive (fast-track) courses. All courses lead up to the official HSK Chinese Proficiency exams. For those looking for an accredited course, we offer the university level Certificate of Higher Education in Chinese as a part-time two year course.
New for Autumn 2018
- Survival Chinese – a ten-week course covering the basics of Chinese language and culture to help you get by on study trips. Upon completion of the course students may be eligible for the Hanban-funded two-week summer camp in Beijing and Xi’an.
- Business Chinese - two-year route leading to the internationally recognised Business Chinese Test
- HSK training short courses to get you up to speed for the internationally recognised Chinese language proficiency test
Language Courses 2018-19
- Business Chinese 1
- HSK 1 Intensive Training Course
- HSK 2 Intensive Training Course
- HSK 3 and HSK 4 Training Course
- Mandarin Chinese: Beginners I
- Mandarin Chinese: Beginners II
- Survival Chinese: a language and culture course