Study Abroad and Exchange

Study in Wales for the experience of a lifetime


Visa requirements

Citizens of the EU, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Switzerland have the right to free movement and residence in the UK and so don’t normally need a visa to study. This has not changed following the result of the UK referendum but we will post updates on any longer term changes when they are known.

Please be aware that most other, international students will require a visa in order to be permitted to study in the UK. The type of visa you need to apply for will depend on your individual circumstances, including the length and level of your proposed course of study. More information is available at the UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) website and also in the Immigration and Visas section for this website.


If you are a student from one of our link institutions please see your study abroad office about costs related to study abroad at UWTSD. If you are a student wishing to apply direct, International fees are noted here

*Fees are noted for the full year, a semester would be half.

What our Students Say

Ana Martin, USA, Psychology

"I have gained so many wonderful experiences while studying abroad; I have come to call Wales ‘home’."

Marie Vernon - Study Abroad, USA

"Studying in Wales was a special and magical experience that I wouldn't have given up for anything. I was so lucky to meet many kind people, and right from the first I felt that I really belonged to the community.
My experience in Wales really made me grow, and, even after I leave, it will remain part of me forever"

Inbound Study Abroad | UWTSD International Opportunities | Summer Schools at UWTSDErasmus Students