This course is aimed at individuals who wish to enhance their knowledge of Industrial Engineering. Students can have a variety of undergraduate degree qualifications coming from a mechanical, design, civil or manufacturing engineering background. In addition, it also helps experienced managers supplement their knowledge with educational qualifications.
The programme has a strong focus on the skills required by industrial engineers. As well as developing a wider range of skills set that a competent and highly skilled Industrial Engineer should have. This skill set includes; lean and agile methodologies, six sigma, quality management, supply chain management and procurement. Student will acquire a skill set that is highly sought after by employers.
Book an Open Day Book a Taster Day Request Information Apply Now
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Why choose this course?
- Programme developed in partnership with industry.
- Study at our state-of-the-art £350m Swansea Waterfront Campus.
- The engineering department has more than 20 years' experience in delivering these courses on a full and part-time basis.
- Course delivered by staff with many years of industrial experience.
- Extensive industry contacts and industrial projects.
What you will learn
This programme reflects the growing demand for industrial engineering specialists. The programme examines key subject areas within an industrial engineering environment.
The programme develops students’ skills in operations management in manufacturing, assembly and service environments while comprehensively developing lean six sigma skills and project management skills.
The discipline embraces key areas such as quality management and supply chain management along with design skills needed by industrial engineers.
- Lean and Agile Systems
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Management of Engineering Projects
- Quality Management in an Operational Environment
- Research Methods and Professional Development
- Design for Manufacture
- Master’s Project
Assessment on the masters’ programme is a mixture of written assessments, examinations and presentations. A typical assessment could be asking you to investigate an Industry-based problem and make suggestions for improvement utilising tools and techniques you learnt in a particular module or across the programme.
- An honours degree at 2.2 or above classification in an appropriate disciplineA GPA Score of 2.5 or above.
- The nature of the programme is such that candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds will be considered.
- Equivalent qualifications will be considered for entry on to the programme. For example, the university would consider a candidate with a good HND, together with at least five years' relevant experience. The candidate would be expected to provide evidence to support their application.
Other skills considered
- Our offers are not solely based on academic results; we will also take your skills, achievement and life experience into consideration.
- Evidence of personal, professional and educational experience will be sought, to provide indicators of the ability of an individual to satisfy the requirements of the programme.
This programme provides graduates with a wide range of professional skills and competencies that are transferable within business sectors and from sector to sector. Students develop oral and written skills to enable enabling individuals to grow in confidence through the programme of study.
Typical career opportunities are shift manager, production supervisor, engineering manager, quality manager, planning and scheduling manager, operations manager/director.
All our graduates who have studied similar part-time masters’ have received promotion while studying, or after completing their studies, which they have attributed to their qualification.
Younger graduates benefited from enhanced employment prospects and found that they were able to gain employment as a line engineer, quality engineer and supply chain specialist.
A number of major companies have now recognised this course as a key requisite in order to gain promotion or hold a particular role.
It is possible to complete the course without incurring any additional costs, but students should expect to have to pay for costs incurred through project meetings in companies and student visits.
Visit our Scholarships and Bursaries section to find out more.
Please visit our Accommodation pages for more information