Research is at the heart of the University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Internationally acclaimed research
- Flexible doctoral study through residential study or distance learning
- A historic, research-led university
- Research skills support
Research and scholarship are at the heart of the University of Wales Trinity Saint David. We welcome applications to research degrees and have significant experience in supervising both residential and distance students through to completion.
Our Research Degrees
- Master of Philosophy by Research – MPhil
- Master of Research – MRes
- Doctor of Philosophy by Research – PhD
- Professional Doctorate - including the DBA
- Doctor by Published Works – PhD
- Doctorate in Education – EdD
Am I qualified?
The normal entrance requirements for applicants for research degrees is an upper second class honours degree or a Master's degree relevant to the proposed research project, awarded by the UK or other recognised University or higher education institution, or by the Council for National Academic Awards (CNAA). Further details of entrance requirements should be discussed with the Academic School with which you propose to study.
How much will it cost?
Fees vary according to the programme that you are applying for, the duration of the course and whether you are studying full or part-time.
When can I start?
There are three entry points for the degrees of PhD, MPhil, MA by Research / MSc by Research and PhD by Published Works:
- 1 October
- 1 February
- 1 June
In order to guarantee a specific entry point, an application must be received at least 3 months before the relevant entry point.
Where and how can I study?
Either at home or at either of our campuses either full-time or part-time.